Today I wanted to share the wall art that I have hanging in my bedroom and how I arrange it so it looks well on the wall. Decorating is so fun for me, I love picking out art and accents to dress up my room and make it my own. My hope is that people walk in my room and get a glimpse into who I am and how I express my personality and style. I’m so excited to someday get a place of my own because it’ll be so much fun to decorate it! I tend to like so many different styles though that I think my house may look a bit crazy. I like looks that are clean, sharp and modern, calm and beachy, colorful and eclectic…I’m really all over the map. But that’s what makes it fun and challenging and exciting!
If you can’t tell, I’m very much a fan of quotes and canvas wall art. I find my wall art very inspiring and there seems to be a message for each each mood I’m in. Just need to turn around and look at a different wall! Right now, the art I have in my room is a little jumbled and not all of it looks as well as I would like it too. Some of the white and blue art would look better placed on a different color wall I think. I really really love the gold and black art though, because it looks so great against the wine color of my walls. Gold and wine is such a beautifully powerful color combo and is very much in style right now because I’ve been seeing it everywhere! Right now I’m stockpiling all of the art I love to someday decorate my apartment or home.
All of the wall art I have right now has come from TJ Maxx, Kohl’s, Home Goods or Hobby Lobby. It’s a good thing I don’t make more money, because all of it would go towards wall art. All of these stores have the most beautiful wall decor and I’m tempted each time I walk in. I have to say though, I really love getting wall art from TJ Maxx and Home Goods. The prices are so cheap and the selection is great! It’s usually the first section of the store I head to when I walk in.
Some tips I have for picking out, buying and hanging wall art:
- Don’t spend a ton of money on one piece (unless it’s really amazing and you love it) – there are so many stores that sell wall art for amazing and affordable prices and many that don’t. Know what you’re paying for!
- Pick a color scheme and stick to it – it can be difficult to make a space look clean, attractive and beautifully decorated if colors don’t match.
- Get a variety – spread the love! Try canvas, frame, quotes, landscapes, paint, photograph…variety can look really awesome together if hung and arranged correctly. All of one style can look a little boring!
- Change up your sizes – it’s so much fun to buy wall art in different sizes! Some small, some large, some square, some rectangle. If you arrange it correctly, it will look really neat, and it’s so much fun to put together. Just like doing a puzzle!
- If you don’t absolutely love it in the store, you won’t love it at home. Same rule as when you’re clothes shopping. Plain and simple.
- Lastly, buy what you love! – only get what speaks to YOU. Usually, I can always tell when I want something. I’m walking along looking, then I see it and just know! You will know right away by looking at it if it’s something you like enough to buy and hang in your home.
Interior decorating is one of the funnest ways to express yourself and make a space uniquely yours! Always keep your eye out for a great new find & happy decorating!