I’m so excited to finally share the pictures from the bridal shower I threw this past Saturday for my brother and his fiance!! If you have been following along with me for awhile, you have seen my previous posts about the plans and inspiration I gathered and the decorations and supplies I collected as well. Now I can finally share the finished product!
The weather started out pretty gloomy, I’m talking raining pretty hard as I was setting up the tables and chairs out on the deck. So I got a bit nervous, or technically a lot nervous because I started crying and the whole bit. Totally professional right? Oh well, that seems to be the trouble when you attempt to have anything outside. Especially in Wisconsin where Mother Nature seems to be the most bipolar. Anyway, the rain ended up stopping about an hour before the party started, so we were able to dry everything off with towels and it worked out fine. In fact, by the time everything started, the sun had come out and it turned out to be a beautiful day – sunny and low seventies.
While it rained outside in the morning, my mom and I got all of the food and decorations set up inside. I’ll tell you something, you never really prepare properly for how long party set-up will take. It seriously always ends up taking sooo much longer than I expect, which leads to me getting stressed out. A stressed out Miranda is not a friendly Miranda, I’ll just leave it at that. In the end though, everything ended up working out and the shower was lovely. There are always going to be things you wish you’d done differently, but overall I was very happy with how everything turned out. My brother and his fiance seemed very impressed and had a nice time, which is all I really wanted. We ended having about 30 people come, which was more than I expected so that also made me happy. Most everyone that attended kept complimenting me on everything and I heard that I should be an event planner from at least 6 people. People tell me that all the time, so maybe someday. I really do love planning and throwing parties so who knows!
I didn’t end up planning any games or activities since our family isn’t really the type of people to enjoy that kind of stuff, so my intention was for it to just be eating and mingling. My brother set up our volleyball net in the backyard so some of the group ended up playing a few games while everyone else ate and mingled. The weather did turn out quite nice, so a lot of people ended up relaxing out on the deck as well. At the end of it all, I was grateful for how nicely everything had turned out. I had originally planned to rent a white canopy tent and have everything outside in the backyard down on the grass, but between costs and weather, I ended up making some compromises. But still, another shower has come and gone and it was wonderful either way!
Here’s a quick overall rundown of the shower –
- Lunch Menu: ham & turkey sandwiches with assorted rolls and cheese, caesar salad with parmesan cheese and croutons, hummus and crackers, fresh veggie platter, fresh fruit platter, pico de gallo and tortilla chips, spinach dip and sourdough bread, and Italian pasta salad
- Breakfast Menu: Assorted mini bagels with cream cheese, butter and strawberry jelly, assorted mini muffins, mini cinnamon rolls, cinnamon sugar donut holes, blueberry and raspberry white chocolate scones, cream cheese and raspberry strudel bites, assorted fruit danish, and a make-your-own yogurt parfait station with vanilla and strawberry yogurt and granola, strawberries and blueberries for toppings
- Dessert Menu: mini cream puffs and chocolate eclairs, lemon bites, raspberry kolackys, mini frosted sugar cookies, assorted mini cupcakes, assorted macarons, and cream cheese frosted brownies
- Drink Menu: vanilla iced coffee, brunch punch, raspberry iced tea, peach iced tea, strawberry blueberry infused water, and cucumber lemon mint infused water
- Favor: choice of either grape, strawberry or raspberry jam
- Decorations: fresh white hydrangeas and assorted greenery, small decorative wooden signs, assorted glass jars, magenta and turquoise tablecloths with gold table runners, chalkboard signs
- Theme: Boho Travel Garden Party Brunch (yikes! That’s quite a mouthful!)
Hope you enjoyed and as always, thanks for reading!