Here we are, into yet another weekend and the last weekend of October. Seriously guys I feel like time is just flying! Is it just me? I can’t believe we’ll be changing our calendars over to November in just a a few days. I love October, and sadly it goes too fast every year. Although, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited for Thanksgiving. Pumpkin pie anyone?!? The great thing about this time of year is that there’s always something to look forward to, even as other things end.
Anyway, I figured I’d do a ten things today to give you guys a bit of a life update. I love when other bloggers do this, as it’s such a fun way to get a small glimpse into the recent lives, so here we go!
- We finally got around to carving our pumpkins Thursday night. It feels like my family procrastinates on this way too long every fall, but it ended up being really nice. Both of my brothers and their wives, my niece, my mom and I all carved so there were a lot of laughs throughout the evening.
- My brother Devin and his new bride Lacy got home from their 3 week Australia/New Zealand honeymoon this past Monday. I went down to Illinois to see them on Wednesday afternoon and ended up spending the night and most of Thursday there. It’s great to have them home!
- My two favorite songs at the moment are Starboy by The Weekend & Heathens by Twenty One Pilots. I love the feeling you get when your favorite song comes on. I honestly am surprised that I haven’t blown out my speakers from jamming out to insane volumes in my car.
- I saw the promotional ad for the very limited edition Halloween frappuccino available at Starbucks through the 31st – the Frappula, and got super excited. White chocolate cream, raspberry puree and mocha drizzle blended into one beautifully haunted little concoction. I have yet to get one, but I still have two days so I’ll let you know my thoughts if I get around to trying one!
- Today it is currently 64 outside. I know that may sound cold to a lot of you in other states, but for Wisconsin at the end of October it’s super weird. Normally we’d be lucky to hit 50 at this time of year, but still it’s a nice treat for one day. I love cold fall days though!
- I’ve been telling myself I’m going to start eating healthier and working out again for the last 2 months, and still haven’t really started working on it. Same cycle I’ve been dealing with since 4th grade, but I’m so frustrated with myself. I need some motivation…and a slap in the face!
- It’s been almost exactly 2 months since I quit my job. No, I currently do not have another job and honestly I’m not even looking for one. I actually probably won’t for awhile yet, as I still want to put my focus into the blog and into losing weight.
- I recently found out that they are building a Panera about 5 minutes from my house and even though the closest one now is only about 15 minutes away, this is still incredibly exciting. I can’t wait! Now all I need is a Bath & Body Works for life to be complete.
- I chopped off about 3 inches of hair a few weeks back. The ends were so split ended anyway and I do like the shorter hair, though it’s been hard to get a good ponytail. Can’t have everything right?
- Literally every time I go on any social media site, someone I know is getting engaged, pregnant or married. Happy for them, but I’m just sitting here all single and thinking I maybe need to start Match or something. I want me a man!
My life is really not all that exciting as of late, so I’m sorry if this was super boring! One day I’ll hopefully have tons of thrilling tales to share with you, but for now this is my day to day life. Just thought I’d share a few small updates with you all!
Enjoy your last few days of October!