Here are a few of my favorite memories of 2016!
- Adopting my second cat, Newman! I saw him at a Petco near my house while my niece and I were on a little day date. He was from the humane society and Petco was trying to help adopt him out. It was love at first sight and he is the perfect cat, I have loved being his owner for the past year.
- Throwing my sister a bridal shower. I LOVE planning events, especially when it’s for someone close to me. I had so much fun planning her country chic themed shower!
- Spending a week in DISNEY WORLD!! It was my first time ever going and I had so much fun spending the week with my brother & his wife, and both of my nieces. We went to each of the 4 parks, ate tons of delicious food, and rode lots of fun rides. It was my favorite trip of all the trips I’ve ever done, and I seriously can’t wait to go back.
- Being the maid of honor in my sister’s wedding.
- Celebrating my 23rd birthday in May.
- Visiting my sister & her husband in El Paso, Texas. It was awesome to see their apartment, get a tour of the army base where her husband works, and go hiking in the mountains.
- Launching my blog, Tisch of all Trades!!
- Having the courage to quit the job I was unhappy in.
- Throwing my sister-in-law and brother a couple’s shower. I had so much fun with this one, planning a brunch themed shower around their love of traveling.
- Spending 3 weeks with my sister in September when she came up from Texas to visit. We had a blast doing lots of fall activities like going to an apple fest & apple picking at the local orchard.
- Standing up in my brother’s wedding.
- And finally, spending the past 2 weeks with my sister & her husband while they were up visiting Wisconsin for Christmas. Decorating Christmas cookies, getting eggnog shakes, attending a wonderful Christmas Eve candlelight service, going night sledding, and having a Christmas party with all of my siblings.
I love reflecting on all of the memories of the past year. Even though it reminds me of all of the not so great things that happened, reflecting also helps remind me of all the wonderful things that happened, all the new things I got to experience & how truly blessed I am. Here’s to a whole new year of possibilities!