I’m always compiling things I want to see and do in numerous different places throughout the states and the world. It’ll be impressive if I actually end up getting to everything, but I’m up for the challenge. Then I get to thinking about where I live, and how little of my surroundings I’ve explored. Here’s a hint – very little! A state can seem so small compared to the size of the whole world, but really, there is so much ground to cover. I like to think I’ve explored a lot of Wisconsin, and I have! Still though, there is quite a bit I still have to cover.
Awhile back, I shared my personal list of Wisconsin must-dos (catch it here), and promised I’d be sharing my bucket list of things I have been dying to experience in Wisconsin. So today, it’s finally here! Here are 20 things I’ve wanted to see & do for quite some time.
1. Explore Wisconsin’s capitol – Madison
2. Catch a concert at Summerfest, Wisconsin’s biggest music festival
3. Kayak along the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore
4. Attend a cranberry fest (and walk in a cranberry bog!) in Warrens, WI
5. Cheer on the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field
6. Go ice skating (and not bust my s***) at Red Arrow Park in Milwaukee
7. Find the best coffee shop in every city I visit
8. Pick cherries & get lost among the cherry blossom orchards in Door County in the spring
9. Experience some Italy in the middle of Milwaukee at the Villa Terrace Museum
10. See a show at the Milwaukee Ballet
11. Walk through the cute little downtown area of the city of Cedarburg
12. Go caving at Cave of the Mounds
13. Zipline through the trees in Lake Geneva
14. Walk among the sand dunes & along the lake at Kohler Andrae State Park
15. Check out the funky and quirky House on the Rock
16. Rent a cabin on the lake for a weekend in Hayward and explore the northwoods
17. Get more familiar with Milwaukee and experience more of the shopping and restaurants
18. Walk through the gardens at Boerner & Olbrich Botanical Gardens
19. Visit (& maybe cliff jump into) Big Manitou Falls – the 4th tallest waterfall east of the Rockies
20. Visit all of the state parks at least once
I have been wanting to try all of these things for such a long time and I know they’ll all be amazing. I know there is so much more out there than just what is on this bucket list, and I intend to do as much as I possibly can. Time to get started. After all, life is short and the world is wide.
Let me know if there’s something I should add or one thing you’d like to try from this list in the comments below!
Happy first day of Spring loves! xoxo